Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Music Nostalgia 1997

Here's a CD single that really brings me back. It was 1997. I was a junior in high school. This was one of the first CDs I have ever purchased. It was the time of hard house. It is a type of dance music that originated in Chicago. It made its way to Los Angeles in the early 1990s. And it started an underground culture that was composed of dance crews. The fashion of this culture was characterized very short haircuts for the guys and very short skirts for the girls. One of the harbingers of this culture was DJ Irene. Her style was slightly different from The other Los Angeles DJs. Her style was harder and faster. By far she is my favorite DJ of all time. Warning: \ if you are sensitive to terms like "hoes", I apologize. Here's a taste of DJ Irene:

No comments:

Post a Comment